To provide continuous monitoring, inspection and coordination of road work in a timely, professional and competent manner; to ensure compliance with approved building codes and guidelines, project schedule and other applicable regulatory requirements.
In detail, the individual will be responsible for:
- Supervising the construction of bituminous surface roads;
- Collaborating with Engineers and other construction specialists;
- Supervise sub-contractors, schedule and coordinate their activities;
- Monitor work progresses inclusive of material and equipment requirements and report on any work delays, emergencies and other problems with the project;
- Ensure subcontractors or those under supervision comply with safety rules, policies and procedures;
- Perform any other related duties.
- Job Application Details Interested applicants must have: 1. a sound secondary education, with the ability to read, write and comprehend proficiently (any related tertiary education and computer literacy would be an asset) 2. At least 5 years experience in the construction of roads both on the coastland and interior of Guyana; 3. The ability to supervise 30-40 personnel on a project site; 4. The ability to identify and assess the quality of different road construction materials, such as laterite, sandstone, tailing, etc. 4. Understand gravel compositions, soil structures and testing of aggregates; and 5. Good interpersonal and communication skills.