ASSISTANT CHIEF ELECTION OFFICER/ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER OF REGISTRATION
Under the direction of the Commission through the Office of the Deputy Chief Election Officer, the Assistant Chief Election Officer is responsible for the smooth functioning of all Divisions/Sections/Units/Offices within the ambit of the Operations Department.
The Incumbents responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures thatall field activities confirm to the relevant laws, regulations, GECOM policy directives and guidelines.
- Responsible for coordinating, directing and ensuring the implementation of all operational plans.
- Reviews operational plans relative to the effective availability and timely movement of all resources necessary to facilitate the registration of eligible persons and the conduct of all elections.
< Conducts regular monitoring/evaluationofthc performance of the various Divisions/Sections/Units/Offices within the Operations Department.
- Responsible for the Coordination of the provision/distribution of all relevant materials, equipment, supplies, transport and other requisite resources that are pertinent to the registration and electoral processes.
- Responsible for ensuring the precise numbering of Polling Stations and accurate allocation of electors to the respective Polling Stations, in conformity with the legal provisionsand policy guidelines of theCommission.
- Convenes regular briefing sessions with Registration Officers.
- Receivesand reviews pertinent Reports, District/Area Plansand relevant Schedules of Activities.
- Liaises with the Police Force regarding the provision of security for all Polling Stations and for Registration Offices, as may be necessary; as well as forthe safe custody of all registration and election materials and equipment.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Deputy Chief E lection Officer from time to time.
- A First Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or related discipline from a reputable and recognized institution. Training and experience in electoral management practicesand at least five (5) years’experience in the management of national elections.
- A Diploma in Social Sciences, Humanities or related discipline from a reputable and recognized institution. Training and experience in electoral management practices and atleast ten (10) years’experience in the management of national elections.
r Qualifications in Elections Management and/or comprehensive knowledge of GECOMS procedures and processes along with excellent oral and written communication skills and computer literacy would be considered an advantage.
The Guyana Elections Commission offers good working conditions and competitive packages. This position falls on EC Scale: 10.
- Job Application Details Applications must include a detailed Curriculum Vitae along with two (2) recent letters of recommendations. Envelopes should be clearly marked "Vacancy for " addressed to: CHAIRMAN Elections Commission Secretariat Lot 41 High Street Kingston, Georgetown. > Electronic applications must be signed by the applicant and should be sent via email to: [email protected] > Detailed job descriptions/job specifications can be accessed on GECOM s website at https://gecom.org.gy/home/vacancies