NATIONAL AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH & EXTENSION INSTITUTE (NAREI)
CALL FOR CONSULTANCY GIS SPECIALIST
CIAT & NAREI have signed an MOU under the auspices of the SERTVIR-Amazonia Program to co-develop a service related to the geospatial monitoring of mangroves in Guyana. To support this work, a consultant is being sought and will be embedded in NAREI for two years, to work closely with SERVIR • Amazonia (SAMZ) to co-develop a GEE (Google Earth Engine) based mangrove monitoring platform.
Applications are being invited from suitable qualified individuals to fill this opportunity. Applications can be submitted via email to [email protected] on or before January 15 2021.
The required and desirable qualifications for the Consultant are:
- Bachelor’s degree or two (2) years of relevant experience in GIS (Geographic Information System), Ecology, Ecosystem Science or other similar degree programs with an emphasis in geospatial studies, forestry or plant ecology
- Good knowledge of remote sensing and GIS analysis
- At least 2 years of experience with remote sensing and GIS analysis
- Awareness and involvement in Guyana mangrove activities
- Experience with synthetic aperture radar (SAR)
- Experience with Google Earth Engine
- Experience with TensorFlow, Pytourch, Koras or similar platforms and libraries