Under the direction of Commission, through the Office of the Chief Elections Officer, the incumbent will:
Be responsible for providing technical and managerial leadership in planning, implementing and evaluating the financial resource systems for GECOM. Such systems include Financial/Cash Accounting and Management; Budgeting; Fixed Assets Management and the management of the Integrated Financial Management Information System (I FMIS).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to thefollowing:-
- Designing and implementing systems for general accounting, including Programme budgeting, analysing financial performance of the operations and estimating future expenditure.
- Preparing interim Financial Statements, including Balance Sheets and Income and Expenditure Statements.
- Applying principles of Financial Management, administrative processes and systems; cost management, control and evaluation; and of achieving organisational objectives in the preparation of Reports, financial policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensuring the efficient management of cash resources.
- Reviewing accounting systems and procedures for prompt and full accountability for all financial transactions relating to receipts and payments.
- Designing and implementing valuefor money accounting procedures.
- Interpreting financial statements to prepare monthly financial reports, with ratio analysis, comparative analysis to show performance, and graphs to illustrate trends.
- Undertakes any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A First Degree in Accounting from a reputable and recognized institution, along with six (6) years’ experience as a senior manager with a sound knowledge of public financial management, financial analysis and financial accounting; Computer literacy would be advantageous.
- Professional Accounting qualification, that is, ACCA or ICMA; with six (6) years’ experience as a senior manager with a sound knowledge of public financial management, financial analysis and financial accounting. Computer literacy would be advantageous.
The Guyana Elections Commission offers good working conditions and competitive packages. This position falls on EC Scale: 9.
- Job Application Details Applications must include a detailed Curriculum Vitae along with two (2) recent letters of recommendations. Envelopes should be clearly marked "Vacancy for " addressed to: CHAIRMAN Elections Commission Secretariat Lot 41 High Street Kingston, Georgetown. > Electronic applications must be signed by the applicant and should be sent via email to: [email protected] > Detailed job descriptions/job specifications can be accessed on GECOM s website at https://gecom.org.gy/home/vacancies