CHIEF ELECTIONS OFFICER/ COMMISSIONER OF REGISTRATION
The Chief Election Officer is required to ploy the key leadership role in the Secretariat of the Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM), with responsibility for implementing all aspects of its operations, and ensuring that results achieved are consistent with the laws of Guyana and the policies determined by the Commission.
The incumbent advises the Commission on policy matters and their implementation; the interpretation of relevant legislation, and reports on their application.
The Chief Election Officer has direct responsibility for the following:
- Development and implementation of GECOMs Strategic and Operational Plans
- Directing and coordinating the strategies and programmes of GECOM
- The coordination of the Annual Work Programme and Budget
- Monitoring of the effective use of funds, property, equipment and facilities of GECOM as well as resource allocation
x Administration, organization and control of all staff of GECOM
- F i na nee and Accou nts
- Human Resources Management
- Information Management
- Monitoring and evaluating the performanceof staff and of respective Departments
The Incumbent is responsible forensuring that GECOM fulfills its mission of conducting all elections to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
The Chief Election Officer is also responsible for ensuring that a comprehensive Voters Education Programme is conducted towards facilitating all eligibleand registered personsexercisingtheirvote.
The Internal Audit function also resides in the Office of the Chief Election Officer who is the Accounting Officer of GECOM and is responsible for monitoringthe review of the accounting, financial management and administrative operations of the Secretariat.
The Chief Election Officer must periodically determine the “Major Job Objectives” for each Department Head and identify and discuss with staff the “Key Results Areas” to be used as determinants of performance results.
1) A Post Graduate Degree in Public Administration, Law, Management or relevant Discipline from a reputable and recognized institution, and specific training and verifiable experience in managing election systems along with at least ten (10) years’ experience in a senior management position overseeing and directing diverse operations aimed at achieving targets within specific deadlines. At least ten (10) years’ experience in Management of National Electionsand Election Systems is a prerequisite requirement.
The Guyana Elections Commission offers good working conditions and competitive packages. This position falls on EC Scale: 12.
- Job Application Details Applications must include a detailed Curriculum Vitae along with two (2) recent letters of recommendations. Envelopes should be clearly marked "Vacancy for " addressed to: CHAIRMAN Elections Commission Secretariat Lot 41 High Street Kingston, Georgetown. > Electronic applications must be signed by the applicant and should be sent via email to: [email protected] > Detailed job descriptions/job specifications can be accessed on GECOM s website at https://gecom.org.gy/home/vacancies