Guyana Civil Aviation Authority
DEPUTY DIRECTOR GENERAL
The Guyana Civil Aviation Authority invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of
DEPUTY DIRECTOR GENERAL.
Further details and full description of the position can be obtained at:
- The incumbent is responsible for assisting the Director-General to establish and maintain a well-organized Civil Aviation Authority to effectively discharge Guyana’s responsibility for the safe and
secure oversight of the aviation industry, in conformity with the Chicago Convention and Annexes.
- The incumbent is also responsible for assisting the Director-General to manage the day today
operations and functions of the Guyana Civil Aviation Authority in accordance with the Civil Aviation Act and Regulations.
- The incumbent acts for the Director-General in his absence.
- Holder of an Aviation Licence issued by the Civil Aviation Authority of an ICAO-compliant CARICOM member State for at least ten (10) years; or
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience with a Civil Aviation Authority, with at least three (3) years functioning at the level of a Director.
- A Degree in Management, Public Administration, Economics, or Aviation related discipline from a
recognized institution is required. An advanced/post-graduate Degree such as a Masters’ Degree or
academic equivalent in a related field will be an asset.