Applications are invited for suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Deputy Director. Under the supervision of the Director, the Deputy Director will perform the following duties:
- Thinking strategically – assisting the Director with setting aims and objectives to improve and expand the capabilities of the Centre to support local Guyanese companies.
- Assist with the policy dialogues on economic and supply chain issues facing local businesses with Government, Business Associations, Embassies, Donors and private sector.
- Provide leadership forthe overall development of annual work-plans and business strategies.
- Identify opportunities to further expand and improve the Centre’s service offerings based on changes in the Guyanese economy and business environment.
- Plan the delivery of both new service offerings as well as improvements to existing programmes
- Interface with clients and ensure that client’s needs are met.
- Supervise, train, and coach Centre staff and support the successful delivery of their Scope of Works.
- Support other Centre programmes including Analytics, Project Management, Accelerate-Her, HSSE and Supplier Forums.
Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Project Management, Business Management, Supply Chain Management or Entrepreneurship plus 10 years of work experience. Five years must be at the senior or management level. Related experience will be considered in lieu of academic credentials.
- Demonstrates integrity and wants to make a positive economic impact to his/her country.
- Self-starter, strategic thinker, and capable project manager.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities on deadline.
- Experience working on development programmes with positive economic and social impact.
- Excellent writing, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) or other word processing, spreadsheet, or presentation software.
- Good judgment and ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered.
- Job Application Details Equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered. Please visit www.centreguyana.com to view detailed job description. Please email your curriculum vitae to the Operations Manager at [email protected].