Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacant position of Design Engineer (Civil) within the Central Housing and Planning Authority .The incumbent will be responsible for the preparation of engineering designs and investigations across a broad range of infrastructure projects; including providing operational backstopping to the management of internal design projects and preparation of contract documentation for design projects.
1. Review, plan and prepare recommendations for designs and investigations.
2. Review project plans and determine design feasibilities and constraints with engineering solutions.
3. Manage the preparation of infrastructure design plans, including design drawings, specifications and estimates for a range of infrastructure projects such as roads, drainage, bridges, culverts, buildings etc.;
4. Undertake technical investigations (including field surveys) and prepare reports (including engineering drawings) on a range of infrastructure projects;
5. Develop cost effective designs and detailed drawings based on construction specifications and requirements (including the use of the latest software and technologies to develop effective designs).
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
1. Excellent working knowledge of engineering design and drafting/modeling software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D or similar.
2. Project Management and Supervision skills
3. Strong communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with the Project Team, contractors and all stakeholders.
4. Effective in identifying problems, seeking pertinent data, recognizing important information and identifying possible causes of problems.
5. Setting High standards of performance.
Qualification and Experience
1. Bachelors of Science (BSc.) from a recognized University in an Engineering/Technical discipline with a focus in Structural/Civil Engineering.
2. 3 years’ experience in Structural/Civil Engineering Design with the qualifications stated above.
- Job Application Details Detailed Job Description for the position is available at the Human Resource Department, Central Housing and Planning Authority (Annex), located at Lot 42 Croal & United Nations Place, Stabroek, Georgetown. Application along with Curriculum Vitae must be submitted to:The Human Resource Manager (ag)Central Housing & Planning Authority42 Croal & United Nations Place Stabroek Georgetown Or Email:Submission by November 11, 2022.