DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of DIRECTOR OF FINANCE at the Maritime Administration Department (MARAD). The Director of Finance will be responsible for the overall management and development of the finance division and its functions including financial accounting, management accounting, stores and procurement. 1 le/ She will also be responsible for advising Management on all Financial and related issues and for ensuring compliance with the Government’s Financial Policies and Regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics/Management with at least 10 years’ experience in Public Sector accounting/!!nance.
Chartered Certified Accountant – ACCA, CPA with at least 5 years’ experience in Public Sector accounting/finance.
- Sound knowledge of accounting/financial software.
*Master’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or any related field would be an asset.
- Oversee financial planning and strategy
- Analyse and report on financial performance
- Oversee audit and tax functions
- Develop and implement accounting policies
- Managing internal controls
- Budget preparation and forecasting
- Training accounting staff
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in Public Accounting Systems
The successful applicant will receive an attractive remuneration package.
- Job Application Details Applications should be sent by electronic mail to [email protected] with the subject line: “APPLICATION - “Director of Finance”, Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.