Finance Analyst- Accounts Payables
The Finance Analyst- Accounts Payables is required to provide support to the Finance Department by managing daily accounting tasks. This role requires applications of knowledge, analytical skills and aptitude to apply the Company’s policies and procedures in completing their tasks. The role requires close working relationship with internal and External stakeholders to support the delivery of the business and operational plans. This role also provides ad-hoc analysis & reviews of major business initiatives.
- Managing Procure to Pay Process to ensure compliance with approved policies and procedures, thereby ensuring invoices are properly coded, processed and paid in alignment with approved payment terms.
- Creation and maintenance of new and existing suppliers, ensuring compliance with procurement policy.
- Execution of weekly and fortnightly payment runs in accordance with specified timelines.
- Engaging external stakeholders to settle queries or concerns surrounding P2P process.
- Ensuring all statutory taxes (Corporation, Withholding, Property, PAYE, N IS) are paid on time and in full.
- Assist with execution of payroll and dividend payments.
- Monitor and review open POreport on a monthly basis toensurecompliance.
- Monthly review of KPIs/GBS metrics with the aim of achieving a high level of accuracy.
- Execute zero based budgeting exercise and submission with guidance from Finance Manager.
- Monthly budget reviews with the aim of ensuring compliance of spend in accordance to forecast.
- Prepare and circulate monthly budget reports identifying variances, LTS etc. to relevant stakeholders.
- Execute monthly stakeholder budget meetings to ensure alignment.
- Prepares financial information to meet the disdosure requirements of DTC and BAT with reference to GAAP and IFRS.
- Lends support to the audit process through the submission of schedules and addressing of audit queries.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum ACCA Level 2, Bachelor’s Degree in Accountingor equivalent, along with relevant subject matter professional competencies.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting at an intermediate level, preferably in a distribution and /or manufacturing organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Sound understanding of management/financial accounting.
- Proficient use of Micorsoft Excel, Powerpoint & SAP ERR
- Excellent command of oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
Demerara Tobacco Company thanks you
for your interest and advises that only
individuals who meet all the required
qualifications will be acknowledged.
- Job Application Details Applications should be sent to [email protected]