Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacant position of Midwife, City Public Health Department.
Dimensions of Position:
Nature of Scope of the Position
- Assist with pre-natal clinics/other clinics.
- Conduct Health Education and health promotion sessions to pregnant and lactating mothers as well as members of the community (according to health needs).
- Conduct group teaching clinics.
- Maintain records of all deliveries, referrals, vaccines in clinic register.
- Administer emergency care to persons within the community.
- Assist wit h School Health Program me.
- Counsel patients on the various methods of family planning and any other family life education requirements.
- Teach/Supervise students on the practical aspect of midwifery.
- Keep an inventory and take responsibility for all equipment, linen, drugs etc., under his/ her charge.
- Conduct epidemiological surveillance of the community.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Job Application Details
Registration with the General Nursing Council of Guyana as a Registered Midwife, plus at least three (3) to four (4) years experience in Midwifery.
Applications should reach
the Human Resource Department Mayor and City Council City of Georgetown
no later than 22 November, 2021.