PURPOSE: To provide the highest standard of patient assistance with frame and lens selection, assists them with enquiries regarding their eye care needs and performs repairs and maintenance on their spectacles. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for the general supervision of the Optical branch operations and its employees.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Explains prescriptions and recommends eyeglass frames and lens treatments based on their prescription, vision needs and style preferences to ensure that they make the best choice
- Creates work orders for the laboratory and follows up to ensure that jobs are sent within the agreed time frame
- Conducts quality checks on all finished eyeglasses upon receipt from the laboratory to ensure accurate prescriptions, measurements, alignment and absence of scratches; and makes adjustments if necessary
- Ensure that various reports are completed as required to include but not limited to: accounts are acted upon Outstanding Bookings, Outstanding Deliveries, Delivery notes printed and not notified, Delivery differs from Agreement, Capture Report, Merchandise Report.
- Review Outstanding Cash Balances report on a weekly/monthly basis to ensure that all
- Receive stock from suppliers, warehouse
- Process STN’s and GRN’s and action relevant reports and reconciliations.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of variance reports, perpetual stock reports etc. to Inventory Control Department.
- Diploma in Management Studies or Business Administration
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Supervisory capacity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical, trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Previous Optical experience (preferred)
- Highly motivated to provide timely deliverables
- Strong (internal and external) customer service skills
- Ability to communicate in both oral and written forms
Ability to work cross-functionally between multiple departments
- Job Application Details APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO SUBMIT THEIR RESUMES TO: The Director of Human Capital Human Resources Department 25-26 Main Street, Georgetown E-mail: [email protected] We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.