UNICOMER (Jamaica) Ltd
To examine eyes and visual system, diagnose problems or impairments, prescribe corrective lenses and provide treatment.
REPORTS TO: Optical Chain Manager
Purpose: To diagnose, manage and treat conditions and diseases of the human eye and visual systems based on results of eye/ visual system examinations and consistent with Unicomer Group policies, processes, standards, and those of the local Optometry Board to ensure effective service and quality optical care provided to patients.
- Examines eyes, using observation and instruments then escalates as necessary to determine visual acuity, perception, focus and coordination and presence of eye diseases
- Prescribes, fits and adjusts eyeglasses, contact lenses and other vision aids to ensure the patient’s eye conditions are addressed
- Disseminates information regarding lens care, visual hygiene to improve patient understanding, health and satisfaction
- Schedules servicing, repairing, calibrating, regulating devices and equipment to ensure results generated from machines/ equipment are accurate
- Manage pathological cases detected (if any) referring them to the Ophthalmologist or the corresponding professional for proper treatment.
- Performs any other related duty assigned by your management line to ensure the proper operation of the store
QUALIFICATION/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Sc. in Optometry from a school accredited by the Jamaica Optometric Association (JOA)
- At least one (1) year’s experience
- Experience with contact lenses will be an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in the use of optical diagnostic devices
- Strong customer service focus
- Computer literacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven record of attaining and surpassing sight visit targets