VOTER REGISTRATION MANAGER
Under the direct supervision of and reporting to the Chief Election Officer, the incumbent responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: –
- Plays pivotal role in the registration and electoral processes and in ensuring that they are all conducted in strict adherence to the taws. Regulations and Rules, and arc fully consistent with policies and directives of the Guyana Elections Commission.
- Ensures that staff supervised arc effectively trained for, and oriented to, the tasks assigned them, in order that they are executed with the accuracy, reliability, confidentiality so necessary to the registration and electoral processes.
- Determines the required number and quality of staff, and participate in the selection of training procedures.
- Establishes systems and mechanisms fur effective reporting of all activities related to the registration of registrants, the compilation of records, the production of valid identification cards, mid their correct distribution.
- Reports accurately on the status of registration process, (including the registration of persons fourteen years and over), and to advise on and/or respond to all relevant queries mid challenges to information provided by GECOM.
The Incumbent has direct responsibility for:
- Data gathering with respect to each registrant apply ing
- Validation of the eligibility of such registrants
- Certification of the respcctive particulars of each registrant
- Ensuring the correct photographic match to the related particulars of each registrant
- The accurate production and certification of each registrant’s ID Card
- The delivery of the ID C aid to the correct registrant
- The maintenance of accurate electoral lists
- Monitoring and evaluation of the performance* of all reporting supervisory and non-management staff
- Periodically determine the Major Job Descriptions for each Officer and Supervisor within the Division and identify and discuss with them the “Key Results Areas” to be used as determinants of performance results
- Any other duties that may be reasonably assigned from time to time
- A First Degree in Public Administration, Sociology, Management or related discipline.
- Substantial experience in the management of several detailed processes requiring a high level of accuracy; records management; as well as prior hands-on experience in electoral processes, especially in Voter Registration
The Guyana Elections Commission offers good working conditions and competitive packages. This position falls on EC Scale: 9.
Job Application Details
Applications must include a detailed Curriculum Vitae along with two (2) recent letters of recommendations.
Envelopes should be clearly marked “Vacancy for............. ” addressed to:
Elections Commission Secretariat
Lot 41 High Street
Electronic applications must be signed by the applicant and should be
sent via email to: [email protected]
Applications should be submitted no later than Thursday 25 November, 2021.
Detailed job descriptions-job specifications can be accessed on our website