The Guyana Defence Force is inviting applications from suitable candidates to become Officers in the GDF and to be trained by the United States Coast Guard Academy.
Candidates will be a part of the Guyana Defence Force’s Officer Cadet Programme that commences in June 2022 until selected for training in the United States.
* Candidates must be:
- Between 18 years and 22 years old
- Single and without dependents
- Possess a Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT):
- A minimum of 600 on the Math portion is recommended.
- A minimum of 600 on the Reading portion is recommended.
- Possess an American College Test (ACT)
- A minimum of 26 on the Math portion is recommended.
- A minimum of 27 on the English portion is recommended
- Candidates awaiting SAT or ACT scores, or intending to write the SAT or ACT examinations in December 2021 or January 2022 arc also encouraged to apply.
- Be healthy
- Have a minimum of five (5) CSEC subjects in one silting, or six (6) subjects in two sittings. Grades I or II inclusive of English Language and mathematics
- One subject with Grade III may be accepted if it is not Mathematics or English Language A technical diploma or higher certification from the University of Guyana will also be accepted
Job Application Details
• NO VISIBLE TATTOOS
• Submit your Application to:
STAFF OFFICER ONE GENERAL ONE BY EMAIL:
by November 30.2021
Kindly attach scanned copies of all documentation to your application
APPLICATIONS ARE NOT TO BE SUBMITTED IN PERSON
Documents to be submitted:
1. Application and Resume
2. A valid Police Clearance
3. Two (2) Recent Testimonials
4. Birth Certificate
5. Original Academic and Technical Certificates