Under the direct supervision of and reporting to the Chairperson, the incumbent’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manual and digital compilation, classification, storage and retrieval of GECOM’s policy documents and publications inclusive of its Minutes et al. (The establishment and management of a Documentation Centre)
- Provision of access to the aforementioned documents, based on their classification and predetermined accessibility, to the Commission, staff, researchers and the public at large
- Active participation in internal meetings and respond to internal requests with the aim of providing references for their purpose of preparing documents: manuals, drat) policy positions, publications, circulars, etc., provide any possible data which could impact the preparation and implementation of Work Programmes.
- I he establishment and activation of a Monitoring and Evaluations system for the purpose of monitoring and evaluating internal operations and every cycle of elections, training and registration.
- ((inducting research on registration, training anti electoral matters and systems, at the behest of the organization; as well as initiating such research with due authorization, with the aim of aiding the development ofGECOM in the sphere of its jurisdiction. In addition to lending advise and sharing information with, other agencies, through the Commission, whose responsibilities infringe on GECOM’s existence and its operations.
- Paiticipnting in the development ofGF.COM’s Strategic Plan
- I) A first degree in Sociology. Management. Economics. Education (Monitoring and Evaluation). Physics. Environmental Science (Geography) Mathematics and Information Technology or a research related discipline from a reputable and recognized institution with at least a pass in credit and three (3) years related experience.
- A research based Masters in the above mentioned areas will be a distinct advantage
- Experience in the use of research and statistical software is essential.
The Guyana Elections Commission offers good working conditions and competitive packages. This position falls on EC Scale: 8.
Job Application Details
Applications must include a detailed Curriculum Vitae along with two (2) recent letters of recommendations.
Envelopes should be clearly marked “Vacancy for............. ” addressed to:
Elections Commission Secretariat
Lot 41 High Street
Electronic applications must be signed by the applicant and should be
sent via email to: [email protected]
Applications should be submitted no later than Thursday 25 November, 2021.
Detailed job descriptions-job specifications can be accessed on our website